Friday, August 8, 2008

We need some advice.

We need some advice or ideas of what we should do.

So we got moved into our new place on Friday and are so happy to be in our own place. Except now we find ourselves experiencing a new kind of dilemma... Mold... Has anyone had any experience with mold in their homes? We have a utility closet in the basement that has a clogged drain with a pool surrounding the drain and mold growing in the pool. Our landlord is telling me that all homes have mold in them but mold like this? I can understand mold from your bathroom like mildew or something similar or even the mold on the bread in your kitchen. But mold growing in your basement? We decided that we'd get a mold detection kit and see what the results were. Here is a picture of the peetree dish. The results of the mold test. Any ideas of what we should do?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Yikes! Sorry about the mold problem. I wish I had some advice for you. I'm so glad to hear that you moved into your own place - congrats!

Em said...

Kerra...there was something on the news awhile ago about black mold growing in some person's house in Provo. I can't remember ALL the details, but you can have someone come to your home and do a test to check the mold out and see if it is the black mold which, apparently, is the most dangerous. Maybe try checking it out on google??? Ew,....I would DEFINITELY find out how harmful it is....good luck, and let us know what becomes of it.

Heidi and Jonathan said...

Um...gross! :)